tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oliver Schoenwald <Oliver.Schoenw...@FernUni-Hagen.de>
Subject Initialize Webapplication on tomcat Startup
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 08:49:27 GMT
Hello and good morning (at least from Germany),

I'm running Tomcat 5.5.17 under Solaris 9 and have created a
webapplication that
starts some repeating background-tasks as soon as the application has
been started
the first time (in other words: I have a single controller-servlet and
the init()-method
contains some calls to classes that create background demon processes
for some system
analysis).

Now, when I restart the tomcat engine, I have to call the URL of my
webapplication to
have the engine initialize my application for the first time. I remember
that there is some
option in the configuration of tomcat which tells the engine to startup
certain applications
automatically. So far I couldn't find that option in the docs.

Can someone be so nice to point me to the right documentation or gives
me an example
how to solve my problem?

Thank you in advance,

Oliver

--
Oliver Schönwald, Diplom-Informatiker

FernUniversität Hagen
Zentrum für IT und Medien (ZMI) - Competence Center Anwendungsentwicklung
Universitätsstr.21/AVZ - 58084 Hagen - Deutschland
fon: +49 2331 987 1721 - email: oliver.schoenwald@fernuni-hagen.de