tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Scott Dudley <sc...@telesoft.com>
Subject org.apache.jasper.JasperException: jsp.error.beans.property.conversion
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 22:29:48 GMT

I've been working on migrating an application from Resin to 
Tomcat-5.5.17 and have one particular JSP and bean that's got me stumped.

When using jsp:setProperty property="*", I get the following exception 
and stack trace:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: jsp.error.beans.property.conversion
    at 
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.internalIntrospecthelper(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:359)
    at 
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.introspecthelper(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:306)
    at 
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.introspect(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:284)
    at 
org.apache.jsp.callinquirylist_jsp._jspService(callinquirylist_jsp.java:261)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    at 
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:332)
    at 
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)
    at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:463)
    at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:398)
    at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:301)
    at 
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doForward(PageContextImpl.java:703)
    at 
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:670)
    at 
org.apache.jsp.callinquiryredirect_jsp._jspService(callinquiryredirect_jsp.java:169)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    at 
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:332)
    at 
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at com.telesoft.web.GZIPFilter.doFilter(GZIPFilter.java:67)
    at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
    at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at 
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at 
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at 
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at 
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at 
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at 
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at 
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:833)
    at 
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11AprProtocol.java:639)
    at 
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1285)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

If I instead explicitly list each parameter, it works.

Suspecting a bean introspection issue, I wrote a little ditty that 
checks the type of each bean property and the parameter type of its 
setter method.  All match.  I also checked all request parameters 
against matching property setters in bean and no mismatches.

What should I look for?  I've reviewed 
JspRuntimeLibrary.internalIntrospecthelper() and only candidates I see 
are the method invocations.

Many thanks.

-- 

Regards,

Scott Dudley

_/_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/     _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/_/_/
   _/     _/     _/     _/     _/     _/  _/ _/         _/
  _/     _/_/   _/     _/_/   _/_/_/ _/  _/ _/_/       _/
 _/     _/     _/     _/         _/ _/  _/ _/         _/
_/     _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/         _/


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message