tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: File permission problem not understood
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 10:14:44 GMT
(java.io.FilePermission
/var/lib/tomcat5.5/webapps/blog/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/hivemodule.xml
read)

This line (above) would indicate you have the security manager running.
To fix this, you'll need to adjust conf/catalina.policy to allow read
access to the file.  The OS's file permissions are probably fine.  As an
aside, META-INF is typically a special folder in jar and war files --
you probably rename this META-INF to something else if for no other
reason than to remove some potential confusion.

--David