tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Vanspall <svans...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject Re: Tomcat launch problem
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 16:44:14 GMT
I thought that was the problem, but thought I had removed all references
to the Xerces that my app uses.

It turns out I had all my tomcat projects adding themselves to the tomct
classpath.

I know i had a good reason at the time, but that was the cause of the
problem

Thanks

Steve

Varley, Roger wrote:
>> Well, check you Sysdeo Plugin settingts. See if they point to a
>> different server.xml file. From the stack trace it appears the
>> server.xml is broken. Usually this file is found in
>> <tomcat>/conf/server.xml but Sysdeo plugin might have changed it.
>>

> Could this be caused by Tomcat using a different version of Xerces when it starts under
Eclipse. I know I've read of problems when Tomcat gets hold of the wrong version of Xerces
(and Xalan as well) in the past, but I can't remember where I've read it. Perhaps someone
elses memory may be jogged.