tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <>
Subject Re: noClassDefFound error for class in [webapp]/WEB-INF/lib jar file
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 11:18:30 GMT
Also note that, for some reason, confusing error message can be sent by
classloader. In the past i tried to find out why tomcat was unable to
load a class, this all loks like ti couldn't find the definition. In
fact, what i didn't notice, it's that, earlier in the logs, an error
occured during class static initialization (null pointer exception in a
static initializer) and all following attempts at loading class failed
as if the class did simply not exist.
En l'instant précis du 02/01/07 17:14, lunarfish s'exprimait en ces termes:
> stacktrace.txt
> Hello.
> I have installed geoserver 1.4.0 from the war file in my tomcat 5.5.20
> installation. It unpacks the war fine. When you log on to the application
> through a browser it shows a compiling page which refreshes until it reaches
> 90 something % and then throws a noClassDefFoundError for
> I have checked and the class is
> there in WEB-INF/lib/gt2-api.jar but for some reason it isn't being loaded.
> Can anyone offer any suggestions? This was working last time I checked. The
> server is hosted so I've asked the hosts if they've changed anything. I've
> reinstalled the war file direct from the download so I've not edited
> anything.
> Any ideas would be greatfully received. Thanks. Dan

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message