tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>
Subject Re: noClassDefFound error for class in [webapp]/WEB-INF/lib jar file
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 11:18:30 GMT
Also note that, for some reason, confusing error message can be sent by
classloader. In the past i tried to find out why tomcat was unable to
load a class, this all loks like ti couldn't find the definition. In
fact, what i didn't notice, it's that, earlier in the logs, an error
occured during class static initialization (null pointer exception in a
static initializer) and all following attempts at loading class failed
as if the class did simply not exist.
En l'instant précis du 02/01/07 17:14, lunarfish s'exprimait en ces termes: