tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L [GCG-NAOT]" <>
Subject RE: Connection Pool configuration
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:50:45 GMT

I'm looking for my DBCP configuration in the server.xml file and see the very generic:

          <Resource name="jdbc/EmployeeAppDb" auth="SERVLET"
          <ResourceParams name="jdbc/EmployeeAppDb">

Is this actually it?
Do I just need to recreate my own or do I add additional resource params to this?
Like for instance, that below.

I didn't see a preconfigured DBCP setting that's commented out. Any feedback would be great!

-----Original Message-----
From: Propes, Barry L [GCG-NAOT]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 10:17 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Connection Pool configuration

are you talking under the META-INF folder of the app I suppose? Just so that I'm clear.

I was looking at the documentation of TC 5.5 and it mentioned a jar file titled naming-factory-dbcp.jar.
I don't seem to have that under either of my lib directories -- common or root.
I do have naming-factory.jar, but is that good enough for DB Connection Pooling?

Anyone that's dealt with 4.0 or 4.1 know?