tomcat-users mailing list archives

From WILLIAM PARRA <wilpa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: overlapped parameters between sessions
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:39:28 GMT
My aplication is a system of inscription for aspirings to the
university. Therefore, it has concurrent connections. that I do?

William Enrique Parra Alba
Ingeniero De Sistemas
Universidad Pedagógica y Tecnológica de Colombia
 /\  /\
/ //\\ \
\ \\// /
/ /  \ \
\/    \/

----- Mensaje original ----
De: Paul Singleton <paul@jbgb.com>
Para: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Enviado: miércoles, 21 de febrero, 2007 7:02:48
Asunto: Re: overlapped parameters between sessions

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: WILLIAM PARRA [mailto:wilparra@yahoo.com]
>> Subject: overlapped parameters between sessions
>>
>> When  passing parameters with get metod, with many
>> users (about 200); some parameters, are overlapped
>> between sessions.
>
> If you're speaking of parameters taken from a URL, they are relative to
> a Request, not a Session.  There can be many Requests associated with a
> single Session being processed concurrently.  If you app is storing
> Request-specific information in a Session object, your app is in error.

If you don't *need* to process per-session requests
concurrently, you may find it easier and safer overall
to synchronise access to each session and continue to
code your sessions without worrying about concurrent
requests.  Your users will never notice.  Just don't
serialise *all* requests :-)

But this may not be what William is on about...

Paul Singleton