tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rutherford, Michael" <Michael.Rutherf...@cba.com.au>
Subject RE: JVM per web App in Tomcat 5 possiable
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:49:53 GMT
I had a similar problem (native exceptions propagating out and killing
the JVM and thereby Tomcat). My quick and dirty solution was to wrap the
calls with a main() and run them as a separate java app in its own JVM.
Any problems therefore killed the subordinate JVM not the one running
Tomcat.

I'm sure there are better ways but I haven't had the luxury of time to
re-address this yet.

Michael Rutherfurd

-----Original Message-----
From: jerrythenoob [mailto:jerrylin1023@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 22 February 2007 10:26 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: JVM per web App in Tomcat 5 possiable

Hi guys
a noob question, my application uses a thrid-party native lib which will
bring down tomcat if the internet connectivity is lost after a couple of
attempts.  Is there a way to start another JVM for that web app alone ?
or
does anyone have any suggestion for my situation ?  Thanks

************** IMPORTANT MESSAGE *****************************
This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information which may
be
confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email, do not use
or
disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Unless
specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal advice or commitment by the
sender
or the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) or its subsidiaries.
We can be contacted through our web site: commbank.com.au.
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please reply to this
e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the subject line.