tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kristian Rink <krist...@zimmer428.net>
Subject Re: dynamic JSP include?
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:41:19 GMT

Hi Tim, list;
[Tim Funk <funkman@joedog.org> @ Thu, 22 Feb 2007 07:30:23 -0500]

> A few problems:
> 0) Try page='/pages/<%= request.getParameter("site")%>' (Notice the
> use of single quotes - jasper is getting confused by the extra use of
> double quotes

This doesn't work, it seems using single quotes keeps jasper from
actually evaluating what's in between them, here.

> 2) Try validating <%= request.getParameter("site")%> first in EL so
> you can say: page="/pages/${param.site}"

That, however, does it. Even though I'm not completely sure to know why
the difference in behaviour, thanks a lot for that hint! :)

Cheers,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/