tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Howard Zhou" <howard.z...@clinicare.com>
Subject Mismatching warning for CA on Tomcat 6.0
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 23:43:27 GMT
Hi, there,

In windows XP I use JDK1.6, Tomcat 6.0.9 and Internet Explorer 7.

I use keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA to create keystore and keys
( I used default path and password as password, not default value changit),
then configure server.xml in Tomcat. I redo the same process on three
computers.

I got warning from Explorer 7: my CA was issued by a different site. I
ignored it then continued. Https work O.K.

But On the red CA icon show Mismatched address.

1.    Is -alias tomcat a key word for Tomcat to use?

2.    How to delete old CA and create new self-signed CA? I used keytool

delete -alias tomcat but didn't work.

3.    Can I create more than one keystore and how to use it? I try but

only take old password so still on old keystore.

4.    I use tomcat with windows installation, Https will not work at all,

Https only work with start/stop with command/dos window with above mentioned
problem, why?

Thank you for any help

Howard