tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hugues Ferland <hugu...@yahoo.com>
Subject webapp, ServletContextListener and log files
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 20:27:38 GMT
Hi,

I use Tomcat 5.5 with Java 1.6.0-b105 on a Debian Linux.

I have a context defined and want all of its logging to be in its own logfile. The first thing
I tried is to modify the file logging.properties, in the conf directory of my Tomcat installation,
adding a handler for my new context.

This looked good until I added a ServletContextListener. Now what is logged during the execution
of the method contextInitialized, is written to  catalina_XXXX.log (the logfile defined in
the Tomcat startup script).

I'd like that to be logged in the same logfile as the rest of the context. I would really
appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Hugues