tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Lecho" <stle...@gmail.com>
Subject [Tomcat 5.5.20] How to use JAASRealm ?
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:30:54 GMT
Hello,

In our project we are using a class that extends JAASRealm. This class is
deployed in Tomcat 5.5.20.

When accessing this class, an exception is generated:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/realm/JAASRealm. By
copying catalina-optional.jar from server\lib to common\lib, the original
exception is no longer generated, but other exceptions are generated.
In order to remove all generated exceptions, I am obliged to copy the
following jars from server\lib to common\lib: catalina.jar,
catalina-cluster.jar, catalina-optional.jar, catalina-storeconfig.jar,
commons-modeler.jar, tomcat-ajp.jar, tomcat-coyote.jar, tomcat-http.jar and
tomcat-util.jar.

Is there another - cleaner - solution to make JAASRealm-derived classes work
in Tomcat 5.5.20 ?

Regards, Stefan Lecho.