tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Ingraham" <singra...@okcca.net>
Subject insight into model.do
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:53:12 GMT
http://172.16.255.100:8080/occa/model.do;jsessionid=9212C2FF4620210C92B6
2443EE97760A

I am looking for some information on how I can track down and read the
particular code on a web page.  Above is an address to an intranet web
page that our users use to input information into a database.  I
understand that /occa is a directory on the server 172.16.255.100 but I
cannot find where the specific script for this page is and how the data
is passed onto the database.  In my limited understanding I thought
there would be a file in the /occa directory named model.do but there is
not.  So, is this a call up to run some other file or script?  My reason
for asking about this is that I am basically trying to track down which
field and table a particular field's data is passed to when a user
inputs data on the web page.

I have talked with several of you guys in the past and you have been
very helpful.  Although I have mentioned it before, I will say again
that I am trying to manage a system that was developed by my predecessor
and I have little to no information on how he developed this application
or where it resides.  I am pretty much left with trying to reverse
engineer what was done.  Is there a way I can track down how the user's
data is captured and stored in the database?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Steve