tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Lucia" <timlu...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: What is the best production grade connection pooling for Tomcat 5.5
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:38:46 GMT

At my company, we run 3 Tomcats behind Apache httpd + mod_jk, using standard
DBCP (Tomcat-provided) connection pooling.  We connect to a mix of Oracle 8i
and MySQL 5.0 datasources.  We have had zero problems with the DBCP itself.

On an average day, we handle about 1M requests, centered largely between 8am
and 5pm, spread across the above 3 machines.

We have found that lambdaprobe is a helpful tool for monitoring your pools,
http://www.lambdaprobe.org

HTH,
Tim