tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Detlev Beutner" <d.beut...@gmx.de>
Subject Install WAR via docBase within servlet.xml
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 22:36:50 GMT
Hi there,

I have a WAR which normally should be deployed via myName.xml into
/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost, with docBase="AbsolutePathToWar".

Within that xml snippet, <Context path="/myName"
docBase="/webs/web123/tomcat/application.war" debug="0"> is used.

So I can call "www.server.com/myName" and it works.

Now I want to call "myName.server.com" instead.

I have tried to remove myName.xml from /tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost and
added the following snippet within server.xml:

<Host appBase="webapps" name="myName.server.com">  <Context path=""
docBase="/webs/web123/tomcat/application.war" debug="0"> ...

But it doesn't work, the application got undeployed (empty dirs), I even
deleted the empty dirs and restarted tomcat, nothing (seems as if tomcat
doesn't care about the context at all)...

I definitely want to run the application from the WAR (for upgrading
reasons), and the WAR definitely should NOT be put into the webapps
directory to get deployed (as it worked with the myName.xml deployment).

How to configure this?!

Thanks in advance
Detlev