tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "robert lazarski" <>
Subject APR not picking up tcnative-1.dll
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 20:00:01 GMT
Hi all,

I've got APR working on linux just fine via LD_LIBRARY_PATH on my dev
box , but I can't get APR working on the target XP on x64 intel box
via the system path environment variable. I'm using tomcat 5.5.18
which is embedded into JBoss 4.0.5 . AFAICT 5.5.18 uses APR 1.1.3 and
I downloaded the binary from here:

Now our windows sysadmin believes that our EMT64 is the same thing as
amd64. And the jboss docs just say to put the tcnative-1.dll file in
the system path , which I did and then rebooted . I believe what I
should be seeing is a line like this on the x64 on intel XP box:

2007-01-07 22:48:19,591 INFO  [org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol]
Initializing Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-

However I cannot get this to appear on XP x64 , just linux. I spent
all day googling. Any ideas?

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: