tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marcin ZajÄ…czkowski <msz...@wp.pl>
Subject Problem with backlog (AJP 1.3)
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:49:06 GMT
Hi,

Tracking down one problem I tried to get 503 error by reduction number
of parallel connections to Tomcat (Apache - mod_jk - (JBoss) - Tomcat)
to 10 (MaxThreads) and backlog to 1 (also tried with 10).

Regarding to documentation for backlog: "Any requests received when the
queue is full will be refused". Unfortunately I wasn't able to get that
effect (connection waits until served) using prepared action which waits
for several seconds.

Is is possible to get 503 in described circumstances?

I use JBoss 4.0.3SP1 with Tomcat 5.5 and Apache 2.2.3 with mod_jk
1.2.20. Fedora Core 6.

Thanks for help
Marcin