tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "EDMOND KEMOKAI" <ekemo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving Tomcat
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:09:08 GMT
If your running fedora/redhat, it usually creates many symlinks and places
the actual files into different folders. The only reason this is done I
think is for flexibility. For instance with the server running my site now,
I have my webapp in a different home directory and created a symlink called
ROOT to point to my webapp. This allows my app to become the deault app
without having to do anything else. If you have ssh server running, I'll be
willing to login to your machine to provide some guidiance. Currently I use
not much more than but nautilus to administer my server.