tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anoop kumar V" <anoopkum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: installing a web application on apache tomcat
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2007 17:10:23 GMT
I would suggest that you check out the samples that come installed with
tomcat.

Also - in tomcat all that matters is that you drop a war file (or a
directory) containing required files according to the J2ee specs into the
webapps directory.

So it would be something like this:

webapp
+ your-web-app

And your-web-app will contain at a minimum these files:

your-web-app
+WEB-INF
    +classes
    +web.xml

You dont really have to put a context if you can drop the web archive (war)
in the webapps folder.

Anoop