tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Uctaa" <duc...@gmail.com>
Subject How to forcibly close abandoned database connections?
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 15:48:27 GMT
Tomcat provides the removeAbandoned and removeAbandonedTimeout
parameters when setting up data sources in server.xml.  But according
to the documentation I've read, abandoned connections only get closed
and recycled when available connections run low and new connections
are requested.

Is there a way for me to forcibly close/release abandoned connections
on the server from a privileged application running on the same
server?

BTW, I'm running Tomcat 5.5 on a Windows 2003 box, running against DB2
on an iSeries box (jt400 for the JDBC driver), using Tomcat's DBCP for
the pooling.

Thanks,
David