tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gregor Schneider" <>
Subject Re: Configuring a common authentication realm
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:39:20 GMT
Hi Peter,

On 1/25/07, Peter Stavrinides <> wrote:
> Greg thanks for this, sounds like it has potential, and It wont be a
> problem with separate machines, but one problem I foresee though is the
> new IE7 browser which disables cookies on the client by default, have
> you tested it?

It does work for any browser, however, the browser *must* support
cookies - url-rewriting won't help here since the cookie is stored in
the MySQL-database which then is read by Apache httpd.
We solved it in this way that we tell our clients that their browser
*must* accept cookies.
Personally, I don't believe that too many ppl are surfing around
without allowing their browsers to accept cookies...
What's puzzling me a bit is, that I've tested it with IE7, and I
couldn't see that IE7 was blocking cookies by default - at least not
the one I've tested (XP SP2, IE7)

gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2
gpgp-key available @

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: