tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gregor Schneider" <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring a common authentication realm
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:51:01 GMT
Peter,

I think this can be done with mod_auth_cookie_myql.

You will, however, have to write your own little SSO-Servlet / JSP
which updates the MySQL-DB with the JSSOSessionID-Cookie provided by
Tomcat. Apache will then read the Cookie from the database, check, if
this cookie is present on the client-side (browser) and grant access
to the protected area within Apache.

Works absolutely smooth for us (however: Apache / Tomcat reside on the
same machine, although we have 2 machines behind a
hardware-loadbalancer).

Check out http://www.freshports.org/www/mod_auth_cookie_mysql2

I've posted this on the apache-userlist already, you also might want
to check out http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.user/65363

In the above solution authorization is handled by Tomcat (Form based
Authorization).

Hope I got your problem right & HTH

Greg
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2