tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gregor Schneider" <>
Subject Re: Securing Tomcat Article for Review
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:53:35 GMT
Hi Markus,

On 1/9/07, Markus Schönhaber <> wrote:
> Did you read the article that is subject to this thread?
> I don't think I understand how your post relates to mine.
My post relates to yours and to some other posts here in that sense
that you (and others) stated that putting apache httpd in front of
tomcat would decrease security.

that's definately not the case. when reading those posts, somebody
might think that putting apache in front might even break security.
since it's a real-world-scenario having apache httpd in front of
tomcat, i'm just saying that nobody should worry about this

however, to make it clear: you are right, putting apache in front TO
IMPROVE SECURITY doesn't make sense. OTOH, i'd rather have apache in
front than running tomcat on port 80 via jsvc or as a service.

gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2
gpgp-key available @

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: