tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gregor Schneider" <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: I have deployed build , using root user ,
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 09:01:38 GMT
well, the first thing I'd try (assuming tomcat is run as user "tomcat"
and user "tomcat" belongs to group "tomcat":

- logon as root
- stop tomcat
- assuming tomcat-directory in /home/tomcat:

chown -R tomcat:tomcat /home/tomcat

su tomcat

rm /home/tomcat/webapps/YOURAPP.WAR
rm -rf /home/tomcat/webapps/YOURAPP

restart tomcat (still as user tomcat!)
re-deploy your app (still as user tomcat)

if the tomcat-home-directory on your machine is different, change the
above statements accordingly. if the tomcat-user is different from
user "tomcat", change above statements accordingly. if user "tomcat"
belongs to a different group than "tomcat", change above statements
accordingly.

maybe you'd like to ask a colleque to help who knows his ways within
unix / linux.

cheers

greg
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2