tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gregor Schneider" <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: TOMCAT 1.4
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2007 12:31:13 GMT
don't know about solaris too much, but the exception to me sounds as
if there's already an instance of tomcat running which is listenig on
port 8080. Port 8080 is the default port tomcat will listen to.
So, if you start tomcat and then start another instance, both
listening on port 8080, you will get the above error-message
(exception) as soon as you try to start the second tomcat-instance.

try to see what's listening on port 8080:

- su to root
- type "netstat -lnp"
- take a look what process is listening on port 8080

happy new year!

greg
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2