tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Denis Barthélemy <de...@one2team.com>
Subject Tomcat 5 Memory Leak
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 10:33:03 GMT
Hi,

	Our java based application is running on tomcat 5.0.3 on linux with JRE
1.4.2_08.
	Since the migration from tomcat 5.0.27 to 5.0.30, a bunch of our
application's sessions are not correctly closed and so they stay in live
using memory.
	In using a leak tracker tool, a memory leak has been found in
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadWithAttributes.
	I have found some information about this issue dealing with swallowOutput
however the application doesn't use it and that doesn't correspond to our
exact tomcat version.

(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/200502.mbox/%3CBAY16-
F173DE50AF5D24443CD3874E17E0@phx.gbl%3E) 	Unfortunately at this time we
don't have any more detail about it.

	Can somebody help?

	Denis B.

	Following the stack trace from leak tracker tool :

com.one2team.one2web.common.Session2web
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadWithAttributes
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket
java.util.Hashtable$Entry
java.util.Hashtable
org.apache.jk.core.WorkerEnv
org.apache.jk.server.JkMain
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteRequest
org.apache.coyote.Request
org.apache.coyote.RequestInfo
java.util.ArrayList
org.apache.coyote.RequestGroupInfo
org.apache.coyote.RequestInfo
org.apache.commons.modeler.BaseModelMBean
mx4j.server.MX4JMBeanMetaData
java.util.HashMap$Entry
java.util.HashMap
mx4j.server.DefaultMBeanRepository
mx4j.server.MX4JMBeanServer
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper
org.apache.tomcat.util.http.mapper.Mapper$Wrapper
org.apache.tomcat.util.http.mapper.Mapper$Context
org.apache.tomcat.util.http.mapper.Mapper
java.lang.String