tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Darren Kukulka" <Darren.Kuku...@connaught.plc.uk>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5 and x64 Windows
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:40:49 GMT
Mladen,

The binary versions you mentioned are the same ones I have already
tried.

2 questions;

- how do you install the Tomcat service manually?  I install Tomcat
using the binary download, i.e. apache-tomcat-5.5.20.exe which does not
give you the option of NOT installing the Tomcat service.
- I'm not sure what you mean by running the install.bat.  As mentioned I
install using the exe.

Darren.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mladen Turk [mailto:mladen.turk@jboss.com]
Sent: 18 January 2007 13:15
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat 5.5 and x64 Windows

Darren Kukulka wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>

> I'm currently testing Tomcat 5.5.20 with SUN JVM 1.5.0.10 on a Windows
> 2003 Server x64 platform.
>

> Everything has installed fine but when I attempt to start Tomcat I get
> service error.

On Win64 boxes the service must be installed manually.
Next you will need to download the service executables for the
amd64-bit platform

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/connectors/trunk/procrun/bin/tomcat5
.exe.amd64?view=co

Rename the tomcat5.exe.amd64 to tomcat5.exe and replace the one
installed.
In case the service still doesn't work use install.bat script with amd64
executable,
because the standard install might get installed as WOW64.

Also replace tomcat5w.exe with:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/connectors/trunk/procrun/bin/tomcat5
w.exe.amd64?view=co

Regards,
Mladen.

Connaught honoured AIM 'Decade of Excellence' Award

Connaught awarded Partnering Contractor of the Year 2005

Connaught wins AIM 'Company of the Year' award 2004

West of England Business of the Year Award Winner 2003

Why not visit our website http://www.connaught.plc.uk
Disclaimer:

and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination
contact the sender and delete this message.

Connaught plc, Head Office 01392 444546