tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gilbert, Antoine" <AGilb...@korem.com>
Subject Undeploying problem with Tomcat 5.5 and Log4J
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:43:18 GMT
Hi list

I deploy an application WAR on a Tomcat 5.5 instance. This application
use Log4j (via commons-logging) and create some logs in a file within
the related Web app directory (/webapps/myWebApp). The file is defined
by a file appender tag in my log4j.xml file.

The problem is when I undeploy this Web app, my Web app directory can't
be deleted because of the log file; it seems to be locked by Tomcat.

Any idea?