tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: Can APR use verisign certs ?
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:21:56 GMT
> From: robert lazarski [mailto:robertlazarski@gmail.com]
> However, on the client side I'm getting a "There's a
> problem with the sites security certificate."  That's in IE6 , on
> firefox I get a similair popup . We have registered the csr with
> verisign. Is this solely a client side and verisign issue. Any clues ?

Exactly what error is being given?  The three parts of the IE6 message
are:

- The cert isn't signed by a trusted root;
- The cert isn't within its date range (too early or too late);
- The cert is for a different host than the one the browser thinks it's
contacting (this is often due to a typo in the CSR, or due to hosting
multiple sites on the same box).

Which of these is IE complaining about?

		- Peter