tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Walter, Oliver (BR/ICI3)" <Oliver.Wal...@boschrexroth.de>
Subject AW: datasource-realm troubles
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:07:33 GMT
Thanks Chuck,

i followed your suggestion and it works fine. Maybe you can help me with another problem i
stuck.

Right now i can use RealmDataSource to authenticate the user. But want/have to go bit deeper
in
authorization, e.g. build up a dynamic navigation based on the users roles. I investigated
a bit
in the catalina API, but i cannot find any interface to access a list of the roles the user
has.

HttpServletRequest.getUserPrincipal() is of type javax.security.Principal and DataSourceRealm.getRoles

is protected. What i try to access is a object of type GenericPrincipal (because of the getRoles()
method), but don`t know where from.

What i can think of is getting a list off all in Context defined roles StandardContext.findSecurityRoles(),

and check with a loop if the DataSourceRealm.hasRole(Principal, role), but i still hope to
find a more
elegant solution.

Maybe you have any idea.

Regards Oliver