tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Walter, Oliver (BR/ICI3)" <Oliver.Wal...@boschrexroth.de>
Subject AW: datasource-realm troubles
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:04:38 GMT

Hi Chris,

i followed your suggestion and removed the <resource-ref> from web.xml and the good
news is, that
hibernate using the datasource is still working, but ...

i still run into the same error

83743 [http-8080-Processor25] ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/jmangos]
 - Exception performing authentication
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in this Context
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:769)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:152)
	at org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm.open(DataSourceRealm.java:401)
	at org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm.authenticate(DataSourceRealm.java:282)

On the tomcat jndi-datasource-example-howto is written:

"In order to get Realms to work, the realm must refer to the datasource as defined in the
<GlobalNamingResources> or <Context> section, not a datasource as renamed using
<ResourceLink>."

That`s what i have, a Realm and a Datasource defined in the same <Context> section,
but it`s not working. If i define the datasource in <GlobalNamingResources> and <ResourceLink>
the datasource to my <Context>, then it is working, but that should not work, due to
the jndi-datasource-example-howto.

Could this be a bug in Tomcat 5.5.20? At Marc i found this error a couple of times, but not
a real solution.

Regards Oliver