tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Walter, Oliver (BR/ICI3)" <Oliver.Wal...@boschrexroth.de>
Subject datasource-realm troubles
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:56:51 GMT
Hello,

i have some trouble using a datasource realm in tomcat 5.5.20, jdk
1.5.0_09.

In META-INF/Context.xml i defined a datasource:

<Resource name="jdbc/mangos" auth="Container"
		type="javax.sql.DataSource" maxActive="10" maxIdle="2"
maxWait="10000"
		username="" password=""
		driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/realmd?autoReconnect=true" />

and in web.xml a resource reference:

<resource-ref>
	<description>DB Connection</description>
	<res-ref-name>jdbc/mangos</res-ref-name>
	<res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

With hibernate everything works fine, no problems, but if i define a
datasource realm in Context.xml

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm" debug="4"
		dataSourceName="jdbc/mangos"
		userTable=... />

it can`t find the resource name:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in this