tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Varley, Roger" <Roger.Var...@atosorigin.com>
Subject RE: Strange behaviour after upgrade to 5.5.20
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 13:22:31 GMT

> Besides, HashMap is not thread-safe, have you tried it with a
> thread-safe implementaion (i.e. Map m =
> Collections.synchronizedMap(new HashMap(...));)

Yep, that fixed it. Interestingly, the original servlet using the hashmap continues to work
fine with Tomcat 4.1.31. I can only surmise that at one time, multiple accesses by the same
client/session were serialised, either by Tomcat or by IIS. Anyone know?

Thanks for everyomes help.

Regards
Roger

not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.