tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <>
Subject Re: Embedding Tomcat in a standalone JAR
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:31:53 GMT

what/which tasks do you want this embedded tomcat to accomplish?

Le présent message électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées, le cas échéant)
s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des renseignements de caractère privé
ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il
----- Original Message -----
From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <>
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 8:04 PM
Subject: RE: Embedding Tomcat in a standalone JAR

> From: Vacuum Joe []
> Subject: Re: Embedding Tomcat in a standalone JAR
> Right, those are two of the places I looked at, including the
> source for, and they weren't helpful.  They are
> all about specifying files on the filesystem.

There has to be some relation to the file system, since the servlet spec
requires that the container provide working space for the webapps.  I
think if you started with and replaced the relatively
little File-related logic with getResourceAsStream() equivalents, you
could put a server.xml inside your jar and have it provide most of the
necessary config, other than the listen and shutdown ports.  Those you
get from a simple GUI, as you originally intended.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: