tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Edward Quick" <edwardqu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Tomcat Timeout
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:47:23 GMT
Hi,

Could someone point me to some docs or give me some advice on Tomcat
timeouts please? There seem to be so many places to set it!
I have an Apache 2.0.59 - mod_jk 1.2.15 - jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31 server set
up, and a webapp deployed on this which opens http connections to a 3rd
party external site.

My client has observed connections to the webapp on this Apache Tomcat
server building up and not timing out but I can't see why this is.

These are all the places where I have found timeout settings for.

Apache:          Timeout  15
                      KeepAliveTimeout 3

mod_jk:          worker.worker1.cache_timeout=10
                     worker.worker1.socket_keepalive=1
                     worker.worker1.socket_timeout=10
                     worker.worker1.connect_timeout=10
                     worker.worker1.prepost_timeout=10

Tomcat server.xml:           default timeout on the AJP 1.3 connector (which
I think is 10secs)

Tomcat web.xml:             <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>

App deployed on Tomcat:    Couldn't find any timeouts set here

I have also tried adding these in the tomcat start up script but to no
avail:

-Dsun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout=10000 \
-Dsun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout=10000 \

Not sure where else I can try, so completely stuck now! Thanks for any help.

Ed.