tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Using the manager for multiple hosts
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 15:04:08 GMT
> From: JV832 [mailto:jv832@orange.nl]
> Subject: Using the manager for multiple hosts
>
> Is it possible to use the manager for differents hosts on one
> instance of Tomcat 5.5? And how can I get this working?

The manager app is normally located in server/webapps, not the regular
webapps directory, and deployed via an .xml file in
conf/Catalina/localhost.  All you need to do is copy the manager.xml
from conf/Catalina/localhost to each conf/Catalina/[otherhost]
directory, and it will be deployed for each such <Host> that you have
configured.  No symlinks or other copying required.  As David pointed
out, this gets you one instance of the manager for each <Host>.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.