tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: /, welcome files, and 404
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2007 17:16:37 GMT
> From: kikibobo [mailto:ebowman@boboco.ie]
> Subject: /, welcome files, and 404
>
> I've got a spring 2 webmvc based webapp deployed on Tomcat
> 5.5.20 that is exhibiting some curious behaviour.

I have a vague recollection that you have to configure welcome files
within spring, rather than within Tomcat, since spring essentially maps
everything in a webapp to its own dispatcher.  However, I'm not a spring
developer, so my memory could easily be faulty on that point.

> I can't figure out where the welcome file logic gets
> triggered

The welcome file settings are translated into servlet mapping rules -
there's no explicit code in DefaultServlet for them.  The welcome file
set is constructed in StandardContext.java, and then passed off to
org/apache/tomcat/util/http/mapper/Mapper.java for retention and
processing.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.