tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Deploying to / using context.xml
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 05:34:55 GMT
> From: Jacob Rhoden [mailto:jacob@rhoden.id.au]
> Subject: Re: Deploying to / using context.xml
>
> Thanks! That makes it all clear (:

This is a bit like string theory; if you think you understand it, you
obviously don't :-)

> So it means if you have 5 hosts you need to have
> 5 applications in netbeans all called ROOT (:

I don't use NetBeans, so I can't speak to that, but for Tomcat itself,
no, you only need one.  However, you will need five ROOT.xml files, one
for each conf/Catalina/[host] directory, but all of them can use the
same value for the docBase attribute.  This default app would be
deployed once for each <Host>, which is pretty much required by the
servlet spec.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.