tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: URL rewriting For Session Tracking
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 15:04:50 GMT
> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
> Subject: Re: URL rewriting For Session Tracking
>
> I think you are misinterpreting the OP's question... I think
> he wants to /force/ the use of URL rewriting to include the
> jsessionid. In that case, he /must/ run all his links through
> HttpServletResponse.encodeURL.

So setting cookies="false" in the <Context> element isn't sufficient?
(Assuming a session has been created via request.getSession(true), of
course.)  I haven't tried it, but that's the implication I got from
reading the doc.  What does cookies="false" actually do, then?

To step back a little: why would it be important to use URL encoding to
track sessions rather than do it with cookies?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.