tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: from https to http?
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 20:44:29 GMT
> From: John Doe [mailto:yrmlfb@gmail.com]
> Subject: from https to http?

> _but_ when I want to go from "restricted.jsp" back to
> "index.jsp" using the anchor defined in it the URL is
> not replace by the standard "http" URL and then gets
> stuck with a "https://localhost:8443/testSSL/index.jsp"

To expand a bit on what Chris said:

Look at the form of the link in restricted.jsp:

It's a relative link, so the browser (not Tomcat) resolves it based on
the URL of the current page.  The same happened when you went from
index.jsp to ssl/restricted.jsp, except Tomcat recognized that ssl was
controlled with a <security-constraint>, so it generated a redirect back
to the browser with the http protocol and port replaced by https and the
redirect port; the browser then made the actual https request.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.