tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Undeploying problem with Tomcat 5.5 and Log4J
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:17:14 GMT
> From: Gilbert, Antoine [mailto:AGilbert@korem.com]
> Subject: RE: Undeploying problem with Tomcat 5.5 and Log4J
>
> I'm not sure I understand. Calling shutdown within a finalize() of my
> objects ? Does this will cause problem to the other Web apps running
> within the tomcat instance ?

Please don't use finalize() if you can possibly avoid it - it really
bogs down the internal workings of the JVM.  As the previous poster
indicated, use a context listener to shutdown logging when your app is
being terminated; it won't bother the other apps, since this one uses
its own logging.  To read up on listeners, look at section 10 of the
servlet spec:
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/first/jsr053/index.html

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.