tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Moving Tomcat
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:11:19 GMT
> From: Steve Ingraham [mailto:singraham@okcca.net]
> Subject: RE: Moving Tomcat
>
> There is a link in /usr/local for "tomcat" that directs to
> /usr/local/src/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9.  Is it important to have the
> "tomcat" link set up this same way on the new server?  Is there a
> specific reason why it would have been set up this way?

Probably to avoid having to change startup scripts, procedures, etc.,
when Tomcat is upgraded.

> Ok, well that resides in /usr/java/jdk-1.5.0.  Where can I download a
> new version?

>From Sun's web site:
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp

Do not download and install the version with Java EE - that will result
in problems you don't want to deal with; just use the plain JDK 5.0
Update 10.  It's pretty straightforward.

You could download JDK 6 instead, but that's brand new, and I wouldn't
risk it.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.