tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Roland Lammel">
Subject Application specific directory listings not working as expected
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 13:52:17 GMT
Hi all,

The default setting for directory listing is false in tomcat's
web.xml(which is good idea anyway), some applications require
directory listings

Trying to follow a configuration posted earlier, I found that to be not
working as expected.
The idea is the configure a "application specific" default servlet (simply
copy from tomcat's web.xml), change the servlet name and add a servlet
mapping for the specific directory to be allowed for listing.

This is the applications excerpt of the mapping:

I see that the servlet MyListing is actually used and processing the
request, but directory listing is still forbidden (with 404), as if the
init-param "listings" would simply be ignored.

Any comments on why this config does not work as expected or other possible
approaches would be higly appreciated.

Roland Lammel

"Enjoy your job, make lots of money, work within the law. Choose any two."