tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vacuum Joe <vacuum...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Embedding Tomcat in a standalone JAR
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 09:15:57 GMT
I ended up going with Jetty.  It was not too difficult to write my own handlers for content
within Jetty.  It didn't have any built-in handlers where I could give it a URL as a base,
but I was able to write a primitive static content handler and a very primitive Servlet handler
which are enough to do the job.  I also got the jspc task working in ant so I can pre-compile
all the JSPs and I don't even need a temp dir to run this thing.

It's working pretty well but this seems like such a useful thing, it would be cool if there
were better built-in support for such things.