tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Re: Tomcat SSL & SVG
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2007 20:38:34 GMT
 Tomcat users,
Your replies were very helpful to solve the problem. The solution was found in bugzilla and
it consists of disabling the proxyCaching. See below:
The work-around is to configure the Authenticator yourself:
<Context path="/myapp" docBase="myapp">
  <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator"
          disableProxyCaching="false" />

Of course, if you're not using Form auth, then substitute the correct class in
the example above.
Thanks very much!!
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:26 PM
Subject: Tomcat SSL & SVG

Tomcat users,

My web application was working fine the last 12 months  but all of the sudden
I can't display SVG inside the JSP pages by using the embed tag. The Tomcat
server can  display the SVG when I'm not using SSL but fails when I switch to
SSL. I'm using the correct mime-types for SVG in the conf/web.xml and inside
the embed tag. I'm using Tomcat 5.5.9 (tried also with 5.5.20), the adobe SVG plugin
3.03 , and IE 6.0. Somehow Tomcat stopped recognizing the SVG when using SSL.
Have you experience this problem? How can I force Tomcat to recognize SVG in
SSL mode? Everything works fine in nonSSL mode and it used to work in SSL mode until
2 days ago. If I try opening a test.svg file in SSL mode the browser complains that the test.svg
can not be found. Any help will be appreciated.

Check out the new AOL.  Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access
to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.