tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Henk Fictorie <henk.ficto...@kpn.com>
Subject mod_jk - connection_pool_size and connection_pool_minsize
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:33:30 GMT

I have a question on the connection_pool_size and connection_pool_minsize. We
use apache 2.0, mod_jk 1.2.19 with the worker MPM, we haven't specified any
of these two properties.

>From reading the documentation I understand that connection_pool_size is set
to its default value, the ThreadsPerChild setting from Apache.
According to the documentation the connection_pool_minsize is only used when
the connection_pool_size is specified. Since I didn't specify the
connection_pool_size, I conclude that the connection_pool_minsize is not
used. But how does it work then? Is there no minimum size for the connection
pool and will all connections be freed (after the connection_pool_timeout
value)? Or will connections never be freed?

Does anyone know?

regards Henk Fictorie