tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "ben short" <...@benshort.co.uk>
Subject Re: Embedded Tomcat and application communication
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:16:33 GMT
On further reading...

Server server = new Server(8080);
Context root = new Context(server,"/",Context.SESSIONS);
root.addServlet(new ServletHolder(new HelloServlet("Ciao")), "/*");
server.start();

You can pass the interface to your application into the HelloServlet's
constructor.

My app actually provides a hessian webservice to the application via
jetty, so i couldn't do exactly as the example shows.

Here is a snippet, if your interested.

mJettyServer = new Server();

      mJettyServer.addListener(mJettyIp + ":" + mJettyPort);

      ServletHttpContext ctx = (ServletHttpContext)
mJettyServer.getContext("/webservice");

      ServletHolder servletHolder = ctx.addServlet(
          "wservice", // servlet name
          "/wservice", // URI mapping pattern
          "com.caucho.hessian.server.HessianServlet" // class name
      );

      servletHolder.setInitParameter("api-class",
"com.mycompany.myapp.IWebservice");
      servletHolder.setInitParameter("service-class",
com.mycompany.myapp.WebserviceImp");

      mJettyServer.start();

Ben