tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "ben short" <...@benshort.co.uk>
Subject Re: Standards Complaint Browser Campaign
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 17:42:04 GMT
Pierre,

jsp is compiled by tomcat into servlets. Tomcat then calls the servlet
to service an incoming requests.

The html that's embedded into the jsp pages is sent to the client as
its is shown, along with any you are generating.

Usually when people ask 'will it work in this browser' they are
referring to different browsers interpreting the html, css standards
differently. Or in the case of Microsoft just doing what they feel ;)
The root of this thread is talking about this.

I hope this makes some sense.

Ben