tomcat-users mailing list archives

From JNeuhoff <neuh...@mhccorp.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk replacement?
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:37:45 GMT

I just tried it with the mod_proxy and mod_proxy_http modules which are
indeed available for Apache 2.0.59, and it works fine connecting to the
backend Tomcat web service with the http protocol and port 8080.

I only needed one line in Apache's configuration:

ProxyPass /ohpr/ http://localhost:8080/ohpr/

(where ohpr is the web service context). Much easier to configure!

I'll run some stresstests with this setup tomorrow, as I did with the mod_jk
in recent days, to see how mod_proxy will cope with higher web traffic load.

J.Neuhoff