tomcat-users mailing list archives

From JNeuhoff <neuh...@mhccorp.com>
Subject Re: Session Monitoring tool?
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:30:20 GMT

You may want to implement your own HTTPSessionListener for your servlet. It
looks something like this:

package mypackage;

import javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionListener;
import javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionEvent;

public class SessionListener implements HttpSessionListener {

	static int activeSessions =	0;
	static int maxActiveSessions = 0;

	/** Session Creation	Event */
	public void sessionCreated( HttpSessionEvent se) {
		synchronized (this) {
			activeSessions++;
			if (activeSessions > maxActiveSessions) {
				maxActiveSessions = activeSessions;
			}
		}
	}

	/** Session Invalidation	Event */
	public void sessionDestroyed( HttpSessionEvent se) {
		synchronized(this) {
			if(activeSessions > 0) {
				activeSessions--;
			}
		}
	}

	/** get the number of currently active HTTP sessions */
	public static int getActiveSessions() {
		return activeSessions;
	}

	/** get the maximum active concurrent HTTP sessions used so far */
	public static int getMaxActiveSessions() {
		return maxActiveSessions;
	}

}

In your web.xml, add the following lines to make sure Tomcat sends the
events to your session listener during runtime:

    <!-- Listeners -->
    <listener>
        <listener-class>mypackage.SessionListener</listener-class>
    </listener>

Hope this helps.

J.Neuhoff